SB Civil Engineering’s sewer division completed yet another sewer connection in London for our client in the London Borough of Haringey – Haringey Council. The sewer connection was made onto the Thames Water Utilities asset in this instance, which only Thames Water approved contractors are allowed to conduct.
Our street works accredited and confined space trained operatives enabling us to work within deep excavations and sewers within the public highway. This offers our clients a turnkey package for sewer connections.
On all works our sewer division has to complete a section 50 licence. This is required when we as a civil engineering contractor carrying out sewer connections wish to carry out work within, excavate, or break through the existing adopted highway to work on or install new apparatus.
In this instance the following was completed for our client for the London sewer connection:
- Complete all applications (including section 50)
- Obtain Highway Licences for;
- Road opening permits (for sewer connections).
- Road closure permits (sewer connection).
- Completed works certificates.
- Method statement and risk assessments specific to the task.
- Traffic management including diversion plans.
Traditional open cut works to site boundary and connection to demarcation chamber was used in this sewer connection.