Key highway works in the civil engineering contract: Kerbs, Edgings, New Highway Construction, and Asphalting.
West Road highways contract required 100’s of meters of new asphalt finished footpath of 1.5m width to be constructed in the existing grass verge incorporating a new bus lay-by. Highways works were carried out under normal working hours so as to ensure we impacted on our environment and the residents in Essex as little as possible and allowing traffic to run as normal.
We used innovative Rocksaw trenching equipment to excavate 100m’s of existing carriageway for the new kerbline. The highways work was carried out fast and efficiently in a matter of hours at a fraction of the cost of diamond sawing, and where conventional methods would have taken days. With a water suppression kit fitted dust was kept to a minimum.
This total works was made up of:
- 100’s of meters of kerb and footpath edgings,
- Kasel kerb construction in the new bus lay-by,
- New highway construction &
- New footpath construction including 700m2 of asphalting.
- All groundworks were completed in just a few weeks.